Our Family

Welcome family and friends. These are some of our most cherished moments and memories...we hope you enjoy sharing them with us.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pumpkin Carving

The pumpkin carving began with drawing on faces.












Then the crazies came out! :D














I helped Alex get the top of her first pumpkin.









The inside was, yes, that's right...messy! :D







Sam started in on the top of her first pumkin.






We were shocked at how many seeds were in these little guys!





They scooped them out and then I cleaned them to put in the oven.











Ok...scooped, played with...same thing. :D



























I rinsed the seeds.








Amazingly...we got two pans of seeds our of those four little pumpkins! :O







I kept checking on them...didn't want them to burn.







Sam was the first to give them a try. We all love pumpkin seeds!
I turned around to find Alex still carving...she ended up making one of her pumpkins have a huge bat! "Put the knife down Alex, or there will be no pumpkin left to put a candle in!" :D LOL


I stood out of the room so we could see them lit up.



Now for the close ups! :) Alex with hers.


Sam with hers!

This was a lot of fun! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Excellent knife work, my dears... you gals work with pumpkins like Michaelangelo worked in marble - brava. - JC

PS - Shelly, you look great... you go girl. Yeow-za.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

They loved carving these...I think next year I will let them get three or four pumpkins. :D Then we can use all the insides to make a pie too!

PS Thank you. :)

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home