Our Family

Welcome family and friends. These are some of our most cherished moments and memories...we hope you enjoy sharing them with us.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Making of A Snow Man!

I heard a knock on our front door as the girls were playing outside and when I opened it...this is what I saw. Three large snowballs, two little girls and a question. "How do we put these together to make a snow man?" LOL :D I loved this and the way it was presented so much...I grabbed the camera, my shoes, hat, mittens and came out to join in the fun!

I informed the girls that after many years of experience making snowmen :) that you really should only roll the bottom ball. They get too heavy to lift after that and so you start building the second ball...on top of the bottom and so on until the snowman is built! Ok...watch me and you do the same! :D






I finally stepped back and said...ok...decorate away! Sam had run in the house at this point and found brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds and a carrot...while Alex ran across to our lilac bushes and grabbed some branches. (Our poor, poor lilac bushes!) :D




Piece by piece our snowman came to life! :D




They were very proud of their snowman.



Here he is in all his snowman glory! :D As soon as I came in to download these they started to work on the next one. They have one more and we will have a whole snowman family out front! I will post a few pics of all of them when they are done!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

The snow was perfect for making snowmen! And the whole family as snowmen was a special treat to see! Who would have thought we would have that much snow by Dec. 10th. Thanks for the pics, Shelly.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

You are so welcome.

All the nuts I bought for the holidays are outside on our snowmen...I had to laugh when I saw our nut tray almost empty again. :D They served us well!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ray and Dodi's Place said...

What great fun. You were so cute in your snowman making get up sis. The girls are now professional snow people builders. Great job... Whew the snow is just crazy. I can feel the cold now..brrrr smile

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home