Our Family

Welcome family and friends. These are some of our most cherished moments and memories...we hope you enjoy sharing them with us.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Shopping for our First 'Real' Tree

Saturday morning we left the house a little after 11am to go hunting for a real tree! :D (This is Sam, Alex, and my first real one...ever!) We all had our favs. Alex picked 1st.


Sam picked next. Then me! (Ok...I wasn't being realistic at all...but it was so fluffy and big! :D)

Adam's choice was just sad. He said it reminded him of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special tree. Wow...now is that a sad looking Christmas tree or what?!??!!:O We finally settled on one we all liked and no one would answer the door to sell it to us. :( So, we waited until we were done with our Christmas shopping and went to the lot on the other side of the town. (The one Mom Conn recommended.);)

This place was so way better. Selection...help...it was great!
We all browsed around, but kept coming back to the same tree.


Here she is! It was a tight fit, but we got her home!




Callie was so curious we were very concerned for the future of our new tree. :D But she eventually settled in.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

Nice tree. I would have gone along with Adam's selection. Must be a guy thing. Oh well, women always seem to get their way and Adam, you are definitely out numbered.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

LOL :D

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Yay!! I love the pic of the tree in the car with girls squeezed in around it. These are awesome memories!

Does it smell wonderful and all Christmasy??

The tree is beautiful. I'm so happy for you all...your first real tree!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

Yes, that was my fav pic of the night too! Except the one of me sitting on Adam's lap kissing him, but I didn't blog that one. :D

Yes, every time I sit in my red chair I think...goodness that tree smells so good! :D

Thank you.

We actually decided to go get a real one from now on. It's such a great tradition and the kids just loved it!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I am so proud of you guys for finally renouncing your Communist past and embracing Freedom, Apple Pie, Heroes, and all that comes with having a real Christmas tree. - JC

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Dad and I love the Christmas tree picking--pictures...really great fun. It was so funny to see the girls squeeze into the van with the tree smile....
And the finished product in the house is so beautiful. love it very much...MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!!!!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Ray and Dodi's Place said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home