Our Family

Welcome family and friends. These are some of our most cherished moments and memories...we hope you enjoy sharing them with us.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Talent Show at Church 12-31-07

Happy New Year Everyone. :D Last night we had a Talent Show at our church. It was amazing to see all the talent our little NTC has! AMAZING!!!! There was comedy, singing...dancing...a body movie (a scene acted out with music and no words...this brought tears to everyone in the congregation)...and artists got to show their beautiful works. And they were all truly...beautiful. I didn't take a ton of pictures because I knew how they turn out because of the size of our church, but here are a few of the highlights we did manage. :D
Mom Conn was the first member of our family to show her talent. We got to see her picture of Ian, and two watercolors. Everyone was just amazed by how great they are. (Of course!) :p Then she shared her testimony about art and picking it back up and I cried. What a beautiful story of God's ability to restore that which was lost!

Next came Sammie. The audience ROARED with applause when she finished! She was so nervous and still had incredible timing and hit every note. We were so proud of her.

I put Alex's pics first because she was called back up at the end to lead us all in the song, "Awesome God". :D The minute she got up on the platform everyone went..."Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." She did so great...we were so proud of her as well. Heather Ramsdell commented later, "Sure we asked her if she wanted to be on the kids worship team and she said...no. Then she ends up leading us all. Now if that isn't just like God to call out her gift. LOL". Like I said it was just an amazing night.


Heather Ramsdell's daughter Gabe sang a veggie tales song and had others join her in the end. (This kid can sing too...great control.) Sammie is in there somewhere. :D

This is Don Curry ya'll! LOL He was so funny...we all laughed and laughed. This was obviously a skit, but holy cow was it a good one.

Meghan, Mary, and Jae-Jae did a skit on Christians Who Don't Do Anything (another song from veggie tales) and Adam played the music for them. They were so funny...you can just make out Adam in this picture as he is smiling so much I had to try and get a pic of it. They were a riot!:D


Here we all were in practice.

Who were the people to go on last, last night? Adam and I. It's becoming a tradition for us at this point. We were the last to be water baptized the year before...and last night I sang a solo for the 1st time in 30 years. Adam played the music for me. He is the most wonderful husband ever. I mentioned to him that I think I would like to do Live For Today just this week. His only opportunity to get the music ready was Saturday night. He spent the few hours we did have finding the right beat, preparing the chords and creating the right sound to play. It was such freedom to get to sing again...and not just in my living room. Woohoo! God is just so good.:)




This is the most special gifted man I have ever known and I am so privileged to call him my husband, my friend, and my partner for life.



Happy New Year ya'll. Posperity, living life more abundantly and happiness, this is my prayer for all those we know and love. God Bless.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

What do people do without a body of believers, that are as special as family, to share they're lives with? We are truly blessed here at NTC. Is the Conn family(and those related by marriage!)talented or what!? "As for me and my house,we will serve the Lord" Another year to celebrate in 2008! To God be the glory, great things he has done!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Ray and Dodi's Place said...

Amazing! Thank you so so much for updating your blog site so often. Truly may this be the start of the greatest year ahead for all of us. Our heart beat for the future of our family is so full. God Speed and God Bless. Dad(Papa) and Mom(Nana)
Song Birds all around and the master musician behind them all. smile......

8:51 AM  
Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

Amen and Amen. Love you all!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

What a fantastic night. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such talent. Since my talents have yet to surface, it may be, I just passed my talents on to my family. Or at least that's my story, and I am sticking to it. Great job by all. Grandpa

10:30 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Wished we could have been there to see it all!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home